BA (Hons) Health and Social Care For UK and EU Students
This course is designed to develop your knowledge of health and social care, and the wider social, policy, legal and organisational environment within which they are situated both within the UK and internationally. You will study areas including the sociology of health, public health, mental health, disability, multi-agency working as well as welfare and social care issues faced by vulnerable individuals and groups. There is a strong employability focus at all levels of the course, which will enable you to develop a range of transferable, employability-enhancing skills.
About University of Bedfordshire
The University of Bedfordshire is a modern, innovative university with a heritage of top quality education going back more than 100 years.
The University has its London Study Centre based at Chaucer House, which is its London Bridge campus. The University offers courses belonging to the Bedfordshire Business School at this campus.
We nurture our students to become educated, employable and entrepreneurial global citizens.
We support our students in all aspects of their life and encourage them to influence the education and services we provide.
- Superb facilities across all our subject areas
- Study skills development
- Career and job-seeking guidance
- Volunteer and work experience
- Health and wellbeing services
- Modern accommodation
- Personal tutors
Feburary, June and October
University of Bedfordshire
Year 1 - are all core units:
- Introduction to Health and Social Care
- Investigating Social Life
- Introduction to the Human Services
- Foundations in the Social Sciences
Year 2 - students do four core units and choose two option units: Core
- Global Public Health
- Research Approaches in the Social World
- Multi-Agency Working
- Comparing Welfare Internationally
Year 2 - students do four core units and choose two option units: Options
- Disability in Childhood: Critical Perspectives on Policy And Practice
- Mental Health and Society
- Contemporary Forced Migration
- Managing and Management in the Human Services
- Child Welfare: Perspectives on and Approaches to Risk Assessment
- Studies in 'Race' and Ethnicity
Year 3 - students do two core units and choose two option units: Core
- Independent Project in Health and Social Care
- Health Issues in Gender, Age and Ethnicity
Year 3 - students do two core units and choose two option units: Options
- Dependency and Care: Critical Perspectives on Policy and Practice
- The Social Body
- Child Protection: Critically Analysing Policy and Practice
- Ideas and Issues in Globalisation
- Leadership, Management and Multi-Agency Working in the Human Services
- Current Issues in the Human Services
* University of Bedfordshire offers scholarships and bursaries, subject to terms and conditions. For further details please click here.